To add any expense to the project beyond the salaries of employees (calculated automatically from the cost rates of the employees) use the Expenses tab inside a project. For example, one purchase of the material could be an expense or an employee travel expense required by the project.
Creating an expense
- Go to Expenses.
- Click the +NEW EXPENSE button.
- Input the Date of expense.
- Select an Employee (optional).
- Select a Project and Task.
- Check the box beside Billable if necessary. “Billable” means you will invoice your client for the expense. Non-billable expenses are not billed to your clients. They cannot be attached into an invoice.
- Input Amount and select Currency.
- Upload receipt files if necessary.
- Click Save button.