Headcount is the number that shows how many people are working in a group. It is the most straightforward metric, but often not well-known among employees when an organization has more than 30 people. Also, the headcount metric is involved in calculations of all other "per employee" calculations, like annual profit per employee.
Headcount answers such questions:
- How many contractors versus full-time employees work in a specific department?
- How big is the team?
- How many people should we have next year to reach the goal?
- Are we overstaffed for a particular role?
In the Metric.ai headcount view, you are able to select the time period to and type of employees to output (All, Internal or Billable):
You can see three numbers:
- Current – the number of employees to the selected date
- New – the number of employees who came into the company according to invites of team members in Metric.ai
- Left – the number of employees who came out of the company according to records of team members in Metric.ai (Employee status is Inactive)
To learn more about the analytics view of Metric.ai, please read Analytics overview help documentation.