Logged hours consist of billable and internal hours. Ideally, logged hours would match capacity hours, but the reality is rarely ideal. Metric.ai shows you other types of hours next to all logged hours by billable and non-billable employees:
- Logged hours – All hours logged
- Capacity hours – The maximum amount of hours your agency supposed to have according to employee availability (defined by employment type found in the cost rate employee tab)
- Planned hours – All scheduled hours (allocations)
- Forecasted hours – Logged hours for today and planned hours after today
- Requested hours – All hours from resource requests
- Sales hours are calculated from logged hours, given the probability of the lead (more details)
The logged hours metric helps you answer such questions:
- How good is a load of all employees?
- What type of projects do we plan better, internal or external?
- How different is the official capacity to the actual load?
To learn more about the analytics view of Metric.ai, please read the Analytics overview help documentation.