In Metric.ai, access to information (view and edit rights) is controlled by assigning access level roles (permissions) to employees (invited team members).
There are three types of access level roles with a different set of permissions:
- Organization Access: this is access to organizational analytics, metrics, reports, settings, billing and controlling access of others. It’s also access to view/edit certain parts of all projects, or view/edit certain parts of all groups.
- Group Access: access and control of access to groups (clients, offices, companies, departments, roles, custom groups) and how projects and employees are connected to groups.
- Project Access: the ability to view and/or edit projects and everything inside them (tasks, invoices, timesheets, expenses).
By default, each access level type has three predefined roles:
- Admin: can view and edit all sections in that access type, can grant access to others.
- Manager: same as Admin except the ability to edit organization/group/project access and to view/edit settings. A manager is also able to review timesheets as admin does.
- Member: able to view projects and groups, able to submit timesheets but not review them.
It's not possible to edit predefined access level roles but you can create your own.
For example, you would like your project managers to be able to invite people to projects but you don’t want them to accidentally change something in Invoices. By default, project access role Manager has the ability to edit invoices but does not have the ability to edit project access:
To create a new access role, go to Settings → Access Levels and click the +Add button next to Project Access Levels:
Give this role a specific name. For example, “Project Manager.” Turn on permissions like on a picture:
Keep in mind that having Edit Project Access permission allows changing project access, so a Project Manager potentially can change his own access level to Admin in the Project Settings:
It may be easier to grant Admin access level to projects to your project manager while keeping organization and group access levels as Member.