In the Access section, there is the ability to control three types of access of an employee:
- Organization membership – the level of access to all organizational metrics and settings of every object like employee, groups or projects.
- Group – the level of access to any particular predefined (client, role, department, office or company) or a custom group.
- Project – the level of access to any particular project.
There are three predefined access levels:
- Admin – able to control everything, invite other members and edit settings.
- Manager – able to approve timesheets and see all information, but not invite others or edit settings.
- Member – not able to approve timesheets, but able to track time and see coworkers in a group or project.
Admins are able to create new permission roles in the global Settings section of Metric.ai:
Here are the settings of the default organization member permission role:
Keep in mind that a permission role should be used in context. An employee could be a manager of a project but an admin of the department.
For example, an employee could be:
- A member of an organization
- Admin of the design role and admin of the product department
- Manager of some project
To change organization access level, select a permission role from the dropdown:
Alternatively, you can change organizational access in the global settings of the app.
To give an employee certain access to a particular group add a Group and Access level by clicking the ADD+ button. Don’t forget to save changes by clicking SAVE button.
To delete an item, use the red cross icon button. Reload the page without saving to restore settings to a previous state.
To give an employee access to a project, use Project items. Click ADD+ button, select the project name (start inputting for a faster search) and select the access level role. Don’t forget to save your changes.
Keep in mind that the access level is not an assignment to the group. Access level is the ability to view/edit/control a group while group assignment is based on the group (company, office, department, role, custom group) for which hours, revenues and losses should be counted.
To learn more about group assignment, go to the Employee groups help section.